Getting Your Home Ready to Sell in Tulsa Oklahoma – the 7 steps
- How to select the Listing Realtor right for the job
- Can you and your Realtor agree on price?
- Getting your home ready for market – “Move-in Ready” is Key
- Digesting, Accepting & Benefitting from feedback
- Negotiating the Contract: offers and counter-offers
- Repairs – we’re still not through negotiating
- Going to the Closing Table: Saying Goodbye
I wrote a series of articles on selling your home, beginning with selecting your Realtor, agreeing on price, getting your home ready for market, accepting feedback, negotiating aspects of the contract, repairs and closing.
So, here’s a quick summary of the seven articles and links to each.
Not all Realtors are the same or offer the same services. Know which questions to ask when interviewing a Realtor, ask for references and see examples of how they market other properties. The first step in the home selling process is to select the Listing Realtor right for the job.
You and your Realtor will work as a team, so you must start off on a positive note and agree on price. If your Realtor thinks your home will sell for less than you, please let him/her show you comparable sales, absorption rates and explain how they arrived at their suggested price. You and your Realtor must agree on price in order to promote a smooth transaction.
Your Realtor will have suggestions for you to get your home ready to market. My strong opinion is to have my Sellers get their home “move-in ready,” and I encourage home staging.
A good Realtor will know what improvements will produce a return on your investment and encourage fewer days on market.
Conscientious Realtors will solicit feedback from other Realtors, so please learn to digest, accept and benefit from this feedback.
There are many components to negotiate in your sales contract. Let your Realtor guide you through offers and counter-offers.
After inspections are done, you will likely negotiate what repairs need to be done. A pre-listing home inspection can allow you to foresee and correct what will eventually come out in inspections.
Packing, saying goodbye to your home and hopefully, popping champagne at the closing table will be your final step.
The tried-and-true home selling formula remains the same, regardless:
- Get your home in top-notch, move-in condition and stage to “WOW” a Buyer
- Price your home competitively
- Choose a Realtor who will market your home aggressively, including extensive internet exposure and marketing to fellow Realtors
Lori Cain is a residential Realtor with Chinowth & Cohen Realtors serving the greater Tulsa Oklahoma area, including midtown Tulsa, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Sand Springs and Jenks. Please visit Lori’s web site, LoriCain.com or call 918-852-5036.