Home Staging to Sell your Home in Tulsa Oklahoma – Following is an article home-stager Susan Atwell shared with me. As a listing Realtor who likes to get in/out, and get the job done, I can’t emphasize enough the importance of home-staging. After signing listing paperwork the other day, my Seller told me he hoped for a quick sale because his wife would force him to make his bed every day their home was on the market. Although he was half-way joking with me, the truth is that it IS inconvenient to have your home for sale, and this home-stager explains why. I’m sure many of you who currently have your home on the market can relate to this, so ask yourself these questions to see if you’re truly ready to sell.
And another home-stager, Amy Boxer, Owner & Co-Founder of Welcome Home Furniture Rental & Staging offered these Top Ten Reasons to Stage. I can’t emphasize enough the importance and reality of her list!
From Amy . . .
TOP TEN REASONS TO STAGE
- Staged homes tend to sell for more money.
- Staged homes sell faster than non-staged.
- Staging costs a fraction of a price reduction.
- Staging distinguishes you from the competition.
- Dated furnishings make the home seem dated.
- Staging improves online marketing efforts.
- Staged homes more often appraise for full value.
- Staging helps buyers see themselves living there.
- A first impression is a lasting impression.
- In today’s market, you can’t afford NOT to stage!
From Susan . . .
An Inconvenient Truth — Are you willing to do what it takes to sell your home? Truth is few things are more inconvenient than having your home on the market. Imagine a bad reality show, where you – a home seller – are forced to live in Macy’s window for weeks on end. Your personal items, your life, constantly exposed to strangers. And everything has to be perfect all the time.
If your home is currently on the market, you may feel this way already. So what’s the best way to get out from under the microscope? Sell fast.
Well, that sounds easy – and obvious – but how do you sell fast? A combination of staging, effort, and a willingness to be inconvenienced – at least for the time that your home is on the market. Remember, your efforts will be rewarded. The more you do now, the faster your home will sell, and the sooner you can return to a normal life.
Just one question remains. Are you willing to do what it takes to sell?
The following questions should help you find out.
- Are you willing to detach yourself emotionally from this home and view it as a product or commodity?
- Are you willing to let go of your personal style and decorate to appeal to the widest variety of buyers?
- Are you willing to pack up anything you won’t need for the next few months – even if it includes children’s toys, personal photos and keepsakes?
- Are you willing to eliminate or hide TVs, computers or other electronic devices?
- Are you willing to send your pets away when the home is being shown?
- Are you willing to furnish an unfurnished home so that it is warm, inviting, and spacious?
- Are you willing to clean like you’ve never cleaned before?
If you answered “yes” to most or all of these questions, then you are ready. The truth is that you will be inconvenienced, but it will be well worth it when you sell fast and for top dollar.
Reprinted from “AtWell Staged Home’s Stage Every Listing Letter,” a newsletter for anyone selling real estate. Subscribe by emailing Admin@AtWellStagedHome.com.
Home Staging to Sell your Home in Tulsa Oklahoma – My selling strategy never changes, regardless of the price of the home: (1) get the home in move-in condition, remove any possible Buyer objections, and have your home staged; (2) price it correctly; (3) market agressively. Please contact me to sell your home – I am SERIOUS about getting it done right.