You may or may not have read my post about selling my own home, but now that I have input from my home stager, painter, a few repairman and a fellow Realtor, my remodeling budget is fairly firm. Feeling the agony that I put my Sellers through has definitely given me a new perspective!
We decided to nix the window treatments and spend money on new interior and exterior doors. Instead of adding a tiled backsplash to the kitchen, we will spend money on new appliances and focus on landscaping.
We are adding some crown molding and will paint the entire interior. It’s so easy for me to advice Sellers, but when it comes to my personal property, it’s difficult to be objective about needed improvement and pricing.
Now the topic of pre-inspections has come up, and I’m still undecided about that!
See my budget below and let me know if you have any input!
- $700 fixtures (2 ceiling fans @$100 ea; 1 chandelier $100; 6 lights @$60)
- $200 light switch covers, shower ring; mailbox; kitchen cabinet knobs
- $300 landscaping (mulch, plants)
- $1400 ceiling repair
- $600 crown molding
- $2,500 paint
- $500 garage roof repair & replacement of side garage door
- $1,000 refinish hardwoods
- $1,300 stove (Amana 30-inch $600), dishwasher $300, sink $150; faucet ?
- $500 repair fence, shutters
- $400 tree trimming
- $700 furniture rental ($225 x 3 months minimum)
- $300 door in back bedroom
- $700 French doors
After my remodel is complete and my home is staged, I’m planning a preview party for fellow Realtors.
Really, the best way to sell your home is to market to fellow Realtors, and they will offer me valuable input about my list price and preparation of my home for sale.
My remodeling budget is fairly firm – selling my home in Tulsa Oklahoma
The tried-and-true home selling formula remains the same, regardless:
- Get your home in top-notch, move-in condition and stage to “WOW” a Buyer
- Price your home competitively
- Choose a Realtor who will market your home aggressively, including extensive internet exposure and marketing to fellow Realtors (that would be ME!)
Lori Cain is a residential Realtor with Chinowth & Cohen Realtors serving the greater Tulsa Oklahoma area, including midtown Tulsa, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Sand Springs and Jenks. Please visit Lori’s web site, LoriCain.com or call 918-852-5036.