Selling your home during the winter months – My Sellers are almost ready to put their home on the market (finishing up a few improvement projects), but they’re concerned about selling their home during the winter months.
Now IS a good time to put your home on the market, and here are the reasons why:
- People still need (yes, need) to buy during the winter months. I have literally written a sales contract on Christmas day before.
- I sold more homes in January and February this year than I did in April and May.
- Many Sellers decide to hold off until spring to put their home on the market, so the inventory of homes available in the winter months is lower, hence home Sellers have less competition.
Particularly if your home is priced in a range attractive to first-time home-buyers, get your house on the market now.
There are Buyers out there that needed just a little more time to clean up their credit or save money for the down-payment, and they are shopping NOW.
Take advantage of the extension for the 1st-time buyer stimulus dollars!
Selling your home during the winter months doesn’t have to spoil your holidays. Decorate your tree and follow a few simple tips for preparing your home for sale during the colder season.
Yes, it’s Thanksgiving weekend, and I’m showing homes to three different Buyers. And, I’m hoping to write a contract on Thanksgiving Day this year!
The tried-and-true home selling formula remains the same, regardless of season:
- Get your home in top-notch, move-in condition and stage to “WOW” a Buyer
- Price your home competitively
- Choose a Realtor who will market your home aggressively, including extensive internet exposure
Lori Cain is a residential Realtor with Chinowth & Cohen Realtors serving the greater Tulsa Oklahoma area, including midtown Tulsa, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Sand Springs and Jenks. Please visit Lori’s web site, LoriCain.com or call 918-852-5036.