Trav’s Coats for Kids
Donate new or gently used coats and help Oklahomans stay warm this winter!!
COATS FOR KIDS
Thousands of Oklahomans go through our cold winters without a warm coat. Please help by donating new or gently used coats to Trav’s Coats for Kids. Take children’s or adult-sized coats to any Yale Cleaners location. They will clean and mend the coats and Catholic Charities will distribute them to those in need.
RECEIVING A COAT
If you need a coat, call Catholic Charities at 918-949-HOPE or visit the Trav’s Coats for Kids Distribution Center at Catholic Charities, 2450 N. Harvard Ave, Tulsa. Please bring a form of ID for each family member who needs a coat.
For more information: http://www.newson6.com/global/Category.asp?C=152559
AND MORE WORTHY CAUSES!!
Help Feed and Clothe those in Need, please!
We just celebrated Thanksgiving, and while it’s one of my favorite holidays, I question why we only set aside one day per year to give thanks for our many blessings.
Now, it’s Christmas time, and we are buying gifts, planning lavish parties and otherwise indulging, when many are without food and clothing. So, I’d like each to consider setting aside one day to make a donation some where.
Please consider picking up extra items the next trip at the grocery.
And DO involve your children and grandchildren. There’s never a better time to teach them about CHARITY.
Places to donate include:
Iron Gate, Catholic Charities, Day Center for the Homeless, John 3:16 Mission, Salvation Army, Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma AND Family and Children Services.
Suggested Items to Donate:
• No Glass Please!
• Pop-top items preferred
• Canned Meals: Stews, soups, tuna, ravioli, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, beefaroni, peanut butter, etc.
• Grains: Cereal, rice, pasta, dried beans
• Fruits: Fruit/fruit cups, dried fruit (raisins, plums, cranberries), applesauce, 100% juice and juice boxes
• Canned Vegetables
• Kid-friendly items: Fat-free, sugar free pudding cups, granola bars, popcorn, graham and/or animal crackers
• Baby Products: Diapers, wipes, formula, infant cereal
• Hygiene Items: Feminine products, hand sanitizer, toothbrushes, soap, shaving items, etc.
• Paper Products: Toilet tissue, paper towels, etc.
Content written by Lori Cain.